1) During what days does the tournament take place?
The tournament will take place on December 27, 28 and 29, 2022.
2) Where do the matches take place?
Matches may take place at any of the following indoor soccer facilities:
- Edmonton Soccer Center West
- Edmonton Soccer Center South
- Victoria Soccer Centre
- Tri-Leisure Center in Spruce Grove, AB
- Edmonton Scottish Society Soccer Dome
3) Will games take place at the same center?
For the benefit of all teams, games will be rotated through all facilities.
4) How many games will be played?
Teams are guaranteed a minimum of three games with the chance to play in a fourth game, depending on the pool structure.
5) Are teams permitted to have guest/trialist players? If so, how many?
Teams are permitted to have a MAXIMUM of three guest/trialist players, provided they meet the criteria (see the Rules and Regulations) and have written approval from the coach of the team they are currently registered on for the indoor season.
6) Who can register for the Polar Cup?
The Polar Cup is open to boys and girls teams from every age group (U9, 11, 13, 15 and 19), from all over Canada. In addition, the Polar Cup offers a wide variety of options in terms of tiers / player groupings catering to those teams who wish to play competitively, as well as, those who wish to play recreationally. See the registration form for more details.
7) Will accommodations be offered for out of town teams?
The Polar Cup has forged a partnership with Holiday Inn Conference Centre Edmonton South. Please see our Accommodations page for additional details.
8) What is the deadline for entry form submissions? How soon will schedules be made available?
The deadline for entry form submissions is December 11, 2022. If a category is full prior to the deadline, further applications will be wait-listed with no guarantee of entry.
All tournament information will be available online at www.polarcup.ca. Initial tournament schedules will be posted no later than December 19, 2022.
9) For registration purposes, what must coaches be aware of?
Proof of player registration must be carried with the teams at all times (provincial registration list/roaster, as well as, any player cards, where possible). Team rosters must be submitted to the EMSA office prior to December 20, 2022. Lastly, out of town teams need to ensure they submit a signed copy of their “Out of Province Travel Sanction Form”.